Key User Interface Concepts used by Konstrukt, the back office UI builder for Umbraco.
Before you get to know Konstrukt, you need to become familiar with the Umbraco UI and a few of it’s concepts as Konstrukt reuses these same concepts for constructing it's UI.
Sections, Trees and Dashboards
1. Section A distinct area of the Umbraco backoffice.
2. Tree A hierarchical structure to help organise a section.
3. Dashboard An intro screen for a section, usually with useful links for that section.
4. List View A list based view of items in a tree node.
5. Editor The main content editing area made up of tabs, fieldsets and fields.
Context Apps and Tabs
6. Context Apps A contextual section of a given editor UI.
7. Tabs A tabbed container of content.
8. Menu Item A context menu item + action.
9. Bulk Action An action to perform on multiple list view items at once.